- Recipe serves 4
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
- 15 ml olive oil
- 100 g dry breadcrumbs
- 60 g grated cheese
- 15 ml Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 400 ml hot water
- 150 ml low-fat milk
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 30 ml flour
- 400 g macaroni elbows, cooked
- 2 tins tuna, drained and flaked
- 150 g frozen peas, defrosted
- Combine together the oil, bread crumbs, grated cheese and Robertsons Mixed Herbs in a small bowl and set aside to use as topping.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, hot water and milk. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the Stork Spread over medium-high heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until transparent but not brown. Add the flour to coat the onions. Slowly whisk in the stock mixture, stirring constantly until sauce starts to thicken. Cook gently on low heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, tuna, and peas.
- Transfer tuna mixture to casserole dish, and top with herbed bread crumb mixture.
- Bake until sauce is bubbling, and crust is golden, for about 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.